Here at FCCE H.Q, the team are passionate about giving back – not only to our clients and the charities we work with, but also to our staff and the planet. This includes using local suppliers, using reusable office and event materials, monthly recycling trips, Friday morning yoga, refilling printer cartridges and sharing travel.
We believe in taking care of our community. Throughout the year, we support local charities (CCP) such as our Pamper Hamper Appeal, which helps young homeless people back into independence with a pack of essential toiletries – any contributions to this would be most appreciated! We also take part in charity days such as ‘Wear Yellow Day’ for Cystic Fibrosis, ‘Jeans for Genes Day’ for Genetic Disorders UK and ‘Christmas Jumper Day’ for Save the Children – the team do love working together for a worthwhile cause – especially if in involves a fancy-dress selfie! We also have other great initiatives, check them out below:
- Our client reward hampers contain locally sourced ingredients from Gloucestershire
- Our newsletters are sent via e-mail, meaning no unnecessary paper printing
- We take part in an annual active challenge such as the Devil Mud Run, Cheltenham Challenge and Zombie run, raising money for great charities. Keep your eye out for our 2019 challenge – it’s sure to be bigger and better than ever!
- In the last 3 years, we have taken on 2 placement students who are both now employed with us on a full-time basis; supporting the local university.
- The last initiative scheme we ran – Penny’s Piglets’ – saw client’s very own recyclable ceramic piglets delivered to them, with reward tokens made from Enviro-Plas. The costs of producing the piglets and tokens was matched with a charitable donation; we donated a ‘real’ monthly piglet to Cambodia via Christian Aid for a year.
- When our clients also want to give back, we can propose and organise teambuilding whereby delegates help their local community.
- We hold a quarterly team shared lunch, which helps to reduce food waste and is super delicious!
We are always looking for ways to continue improving our CSR and challenge you to as well. Why not hold a shared lunch at your office too and send us a picture of your team?